Common HVAC Problems & How We Can Help
At Bill Bowers Air Conditioning & Heating, we understand HVAC systems and know how to fix them FAST. If you are experiencing problems with your AC system, we can diagnose and repair it for you quickly and affordably, and we come prepared to all service calls with the equipment that we need to fix all common HVAC problems on the first visit. Speak to our team today to schedule service at your home or small business or view our list of common system issues below to learn more about what might be happening with your AC system.
Call now to speak to our experts!
The Most Common HVAC Problems Explained
There are many reasons your AC might not be working correctly, but most issues fall under one of the below categories:
- Sensor Malfunctions. Oftentimes, your AC stops working due to a simple sensor malfunction on the thermostat. If that sensor isn't reading the surrounding air temperature correctly, the system won't operate as it should. Fixing the sensor or replacing the thermostat is a quick fix that can save you hundreds if spotted correctly.
- Drainage Issues. With the increased humidity of Florida's climate, it's fairly common for condensate drains to clog up and cause the AC unit to stop working properly. Clearing out these clogs is a quick and easy step our technicians can take to ensure efficient system operation.
- Electrical Failures. Everything from your pilot, ignition, and fuses to your breakers, capacitors, and more can be the cause of electrical failures in your system. A professional technician can test all electrical components and connections to determine if electrical failures are causing your system breakdown.
- Poor Maintenance. Ignoring your AC system until it breaks down is a good way to increase your need for repairs. Have your system regularly maintained by professional AC specialists and be sure to change your filter once per month.
- Refrigerant Leaks. Whether your system is just low on refrigerant or there is an active leak, your system won't work efficiently - or at all. An experienced technician can check and repair leaks before refilling the refrigerant to help ensure the problem is fixed well into the future.
- Dirty Coils. If your condenser and coils are covered in debris and dirt, the system will have to work harder just to operate normally. This can lead to more frequent repairs and a shorter system life. Most regular maintenance services cover coil cleaning and debris removal, so be sure to sign up for regular service to keep your system clean and debris-free.
Bill Bowers Air Conditioning & Heating is proud to serve customers in Tarpon Springs, Hudson, New Port Richey, Port Richey, Trinity, and the surrounding cities. If you are experiencing any of the above common HVAC problems, please contact our experts today for service and support.